Friday, January 27, 2012

CAN YOU DESIGN FOR RIHANNA'S PROJECT RUNWAY



No stranger to the world of fashion, having oft appeared modelling for Armani and upon many a best-dressed list for her eclectic style, it has recently been announced that Rihanna will be starting her own Project Runway-inspired TV show.
Set to executive produce and appear in an original show on Sky Living HD (yes, here in the UK), the Bajan hottie will be searching Britain for the next generation of undiscovered designers, teaming up with Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts on the as yet unnamed show.
“I’ve always had a great love of fashion,” said Rihanna. “It’s a constant source of inspiration in my life, and is a big reason why I’ve grown into the person and artist I am today.”
She went on to say: “I have been very fortunate to work with some truly amazing designers and stylists throughout my career, and they have been instrumental in making sure my creative vision reaches the stage.
“I am excited to follow the journey of our aspiring contestants and see how their individuality influences their efforts during the course of the show.”
The show will air in summer and run for 10 weeks, during which the contestants will be challenged by the duo to create outfits for musicians and celebrities, with the final task of dressing Ri-Ri for her performance at Hyde Park’s 02 Wireless Festival.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can apply to take part in the show here.

No comments: